Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

A blog in photos, because I've had one too many "green beers":


But first, a tasty bit of paparazzi I've been trying to get a picture of for over a week. I saw this car last week but drove past it at a high speed, missing my "pap op". As Boo and I were leaving the grocery store parking lot today, the car in question was entering it. A quick u-turn and a serendipitous moment of parking spaces becoming free and I was in prime position for snapping my elusive pic. But wait!! There is a passenger still in the car applying makeup! I persevered and snapped the shot below anyway, cuz that's how I live... right on the edge.

Gerbils on a belt? How stinkin' funny is this?!

My sweetness got me a cool new (green) mug yesterday, even though I was a grouch-biscuit. He's pretty spectacular, have I mentioned that?


Dropping B off at school this morning... guess who was NOT ready to get out of bed? And guess who was NOT thrilled with her St. Paddy's day outfit? And guess who did NOT want to sit in the back seat this morning? And guess who did NOT want to brush her hair? But you know what? As grouchy as she gets, she still does it all. She's still a keeper to me.


All the ladies of the house got haircut's today...


I'm blonder. This is the only picture I have to offer you. I actually took it to send to my bff to get her honest opinion about the color sitch... then Mike whined about her getting a picture but not him so I sent it to him, and he called me names. Names like 'Beautiful'. The nerve.

My Grumpasaurus was gone by 2:45.

A rare, genuine smile from the B. I love it.

Our Green dinner. Absolutely everyone voted "NO" on my suggestion of a traditional Irish dinner. To me, Irish food is pretty bland and boring so I wasn't too incensed. Then I was told by "someone" that Papa Murphy's sells a 'clover pizza' so I waltzed in there and asked for it. I got snickered at. And the Papa Murphy's VP's were there doing a walk-through. So I got extra attention because of my request. I pride myself on being somewhat intelligent, but I tend to take people too literally sometimes and actually believe what I'm told. Poor Brady has the same trait. Some day he'll be walking into Papa Murphy's asking for a Shamrock Shaped pizza, only to get laughed at. Luckily by the time he's my age, he'll have embarrassed himself enough over the years to have a healthy immunity to most of the giggles cast his way. Just like his mama. Anyway, I digress... The kids had: Superfood in green cups with green straws, green jell-o, and the girls had green ranch dressing with their non-shamrock-shaped pizza. And they wiped their mouths clean with green napkins. For dessert? A toss-up between mint chocolate chip ice cream, mint three musketeers, or green apple flavored Mentos...

My version of Green Beer. I don't want the Bud Light that they drop a couple of drops of blue food coloring into. I too old to drink cheap beer. So I chose to drink good beer with a green label.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Such a great blog to read...Gerbils on a belt? Definitely funny stuff...Yay for great boyfriends getting you a fun mug (Even when we're snags)..The pic of my poor Nat how she looks like the rest of us look, when we all have to get up early in the morning and have to start the day with all things that make us hate our lives...is precious... the haircuts are darling...you should get mom award of the year for making "St. Patricks" day just like Christmas. You have the funnest ideas and make everyday a holiday. KUDOS. xoxo

Kate said...

What a fun day! We did nothing. St Patricks Day FAIL.