Saturday, June 27, 2009

13.1

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. -John J. Bingham

Kate the wonder-runner and I finished our first (of many to come) half-marathon! We are nearly crippled by the experience, but strengthened to know that next time it will be easier, and that pain is temporary, pride is forever.

Kate says she's going to commemorate the event (and future ones) with little tattoos. I think the locks would be changed at my house (and my mothers too) if I came home with ink. I think my brother is tattooed enough for the both of us, and my mom can't bear to have another child's body marked for life. And Larry? I don't know what his problem is. I was kind of thinking of getting a blacklight tattoo, then nobody could see it unless I shone a black light on it, but I'd still know it was there.

Well, every inch of me is sore, we'll see what tomorrow brings in the ways of pain! I can't wait for my next race!

*For some reason Blogger isn't uploading any other pictures besides this one of Kate at our half-way marker. More to come (I hope!)

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Way to go!! What a great accomplishment! You should be very proud.

Jen said...

Wow Heather! Can't wait to hear all about it. Maybe I can join you in the next race!

Kate said...

WOOOO-HOOOO!!! We did it!! You, my friend, were awesome. You're not even telling the truth - YOU are the wonder runner, running at least half the darn thing.

I'm so glad we did this. And did it together. :)

Elizabeth, Jackson and Thomas said...

Congratulations! So excited for you! :)