Saturday, June 6, 2009

A backseat driver is born...

A strange sunset from my driveway.



Brady is thoroughly using the education he is getting. Using it to be a smartypants that is. He is constantly informing me of the speed limit, then if he can't see my speedometer he'll ask me how fast I'm going and if I've deviated from the speed I get a whole new batch of questions, usually in a scolding tone. He also likes to play DJ in the car. He knows what track numbers are his favorite songs on every CD in the car, and so no matter how I try to mix it up, he's always right there "after this song can you go to number 15?"


Tonight he also was desperate to hang out with his buddy Will, who happens to live at the end of our street (but across the main road). Will's parents are good friends with our neighbors, so Brady and Will have impromptu play dates here and there. Tonight Brady kept riding his bike to the end of our street and yelling to Will across the way trying to figure out a way to get together. The yelling must have paid off, because the next thing I know Will is in our driveway and they played until 9:00.



I jogged 3.5 miles this morning. The only other person on the track this morning was a non-descript male. Then he stopped running and started jumping rope at the corner of the track which immediately made me grip my stick because the only reason he's jumping rope is to choke me with it, right? So I ran around that part of the track a little faster, then by the time I came around to him again, he was dressing to leave and put on his Sheriff's flack jacket thing. Oh. Probably not going to choke me, huh? This is what it's like to have an imagination like mine. Are you sure you want to be friends with a nutjob like me?
AFTER THAT, we went to the farmers market where I bought an entire flat of Shumway's strawberries (my house smells delicious), and on to REI to try to exchange an roof rack part (what a friggin nightmare) and got some shorts and a really cute LIG shirt, and then to Freddie's to get some groceries, then home. I just couldn't do the other 3 errands I needed to do. Oh, and I cleaned both of my children's garbage dumps they call bedrooms. Phew!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Busy girl!

I saw that sunset too. Really cool.

Jen said...

we should go on a jogging date. I could protect with you with my killer kung fu. the backseat driver thing is annoying. I lifted a smoothie to my mouth and Aiden screeched from the backseat to not drink and drive. I explained that was alcohol and then we argued about there being alcohol in my smoothie. (don't make me put some in there!)

amy and mighty max said...

Heather, that is AWESOME! Just a week ago you were excited about one mile and now you are already up to 3.5!?!? WOW! :)