Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2 more days!

Random pictures for your viewing pleasure:
The homeland security helicopter at Lake Samish. We walked right into a high-speed car chase when we met Larry down here during his bike ride. He had to jump into a ditch to get to safety! The copter is looking for the guys and they pulled one out of the water after they ditched the car and tried to run.
Katie forgot to bring a ball so she drug in the entire line of swim buoy's. Then I realized that she got her tooth stuck in the buoy and couldn't get free so Larry had to wade in and rescue her before she drowned. At least there were 20 police officers around to help if needed.


Heather the vigil ante called the police and reported these suspicious looking men at the skate park. Two of them came riding up the hill in a very nice bike and a tricycle (usually disabled people are the ones riding tricycles) and I found it kind of strange that these able bodied men had such nice bikes (the other was a cruiser). Then they met some friends and they all took turns riding the bikes, which I also found odd. If they were their bikes, why would their buddies find them so fascinating? Then one of the riders got in a car and drove off. So I called the police, mostly because of the tricycle. If they stole that from someone who really needed it...
Larry is planning on joining the circus.

I'm getting so excited about the Rock and Roll Marathon (well, half marathon) on Saturday! I think Kate and I are both equally excited to be A. Doing something that is solely for ourselves and makes us healthier, happier humans; and B. We have 36 hours without responsibility! I have to admit, it's crossed our minds to skip the marathon and sleep in, eat indulgently, and leisurely putter around Seattle. We don't get to "piddle" anymore.

Even tonight when I went for my walk, I walked down to Haggen to grab some benadryl lotion for Natalie (who has a icky rash from some sunscreen) I found myself browsing the lotion and body wash aisle. It was so nice to just browse without threatening the lives of small children.

But I won't have any time to get anxious about the race. I have to work bright and early tomorrow, shop for some groceries, come home and clean, babysit two children for two hours, then prepare to host my Domino's Pizza Party for 50 people and hope like hell it doesn't rain or else it will be a cozy party! But fun nonetheless.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yah Baby! We're gonna rock Seattle when we roll thru!! (Ok, that was corny...)

But seriously, we're gonna have SO much fun. I can't wait.

p.s. PF Changs is giving out free lettuce wraps at the Expo.

rebecca said...

YOu are going to have so much fun. I have done a few half marathons and the best part (besides crossing that finish line) is the girl time - no kids, no hubby, just you. Can't wait to hear all about it.