Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Free time

I don't work on Tuesdays, and it's Larry's last day of vacation, and both kids are in VBS until noon today. What to do, what to do?

Yesterday we went berry picking, we intended on just getting some strawberries before the season was over, but they said their first crop of raspberries was ready TODAY. So we did both. 22 pounds of strawberries and 7 pounds of raspberries. Yum-O. Now to process them!

Then I had to dash out the door to meet my co-workers for a girls night. Two of our vendors sent us some nice gifts so we had the early bird dinner at Hearthfire (BBQ Prawns for me, delish) and then watched The Proposal. Ryan Reynolds. ScarJo is a lucky woman. I have had a celeb-crush on Ryan since the days of Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place. He is the perfect balance of funny and sexy.

Then I came home and screwed around of facebook for awhile and got some of the best news I've heard in a very, very long time about a dear friend of mine. But I have to wait to gloat. But I went to sleep with tears of joy in my eyes for her.

It was a good Monday.




Larry usually ignores me when I have a camera aimed at him, so I said "come on, look at me!" so he did. This is all I got. Maybe he was uncomfortable because all the Mennonite (or whatever they are) women kept staring at him like he was a alien. (Why are MEN picking berries? That's women's work!)
Shumway's berries, in my opinion the sweetest berries in Whatcom county. Larry also found a dirty strawberry, heh-heh.
Julie and Jackie enjoyed their Lemon drops, I had a Kamikaze.

A very nice meal, thank you Charlie!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Nice! I'm hoping to get out and get some berries this week, maybe even today.

Anonymous said...

OK, I could think of ssooommmeeeeething else you guys could have done with your "free-time". That is a lot of strawberries, my friend. What on earth are you going to do with all of those? And, I'll anxiously be awaiting reading the happy news (who's pregnant?). Hope everyone is well out there. It's been gloomy and northwesterly (raining for days) over here.