Thursday, July 2, 2009

Semi-Ah-Moo

The kids and I headed up to see the in-laws to give Cameron his #1 Grandpa giant clothespin/photo holder (thank you for your help, Elizabeth and crew!). He loved it, he said he wasn't surprised that it said "#1 Grandpa" since that is his (coughcoughself-proclaimedcoughcough) formal title.

We brought Katie along for the ride and treated her to a salt-water spa. Brady threw rocks out into the Sound and Katie would retrieve a piece of bull-kelp that was near the splash. She thoroughly enjoyed riding the waves in. It was hard to pull her away from her fun.

Brady was very concerned that Katie was going to swim away. Honey, she's too old and too fat to put that much energy into an escape. Plus we spoil her and she loves us.

Why do dogs always try to get 3 feet from you before they shake?

We call this Grandma and Grandpa's tree. We took some photos on it for their Christmas card.

Natalie was collecting crab skeletons. She brought a small one home, but Katie ate it in the car.

My boy trying to watch Katie with awful sun-glare.

On our way out we spotted a giant Bald Eagle sitting in a snag, so we pulled up close and said hello.

I had to grab some groceries that I forgot to get while we were at Fred Meyer the day before, so we drove into Lynden and hit Safeway. My children were complete assholes in there just like they had been the day before at Freddies, it's like the air-conditioned environment sends them into a frenzied state. They were pinching, pulling, and putting each other in head locks in the bread aisle! So as soon as we got back to the car, I threatened their lives by stating VERY CLEARLY that the next time we go into a grocery store and that behavior starts up again, 5 toys each are going away forever. Then I asked them if they understood me. I got a solemn "Yes, mom" from both. I really hate that Haggen lost their play area, grocery shopping has become such a tedious chore now. Please, economy, recover quickly so that I may escape my children for 30 minutes once a week!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I think school will be back in before the recession :) I sneek out grocery shopping when Dale's home. It's too hard any other way.

Kate said...

Looks like a fun day at the beach! And I have the same problem with shopping with both kids....makes me insane.

rebecca said...

I would be willing to pay extra to get my kids in at Haggen's if they open it back up.

bj said...

Uh oh... is this what I get to look forward to with Ellis? So far, at 16 months, he's not been too much of a handful, but I do have to limit my shopping trips to one a day, only. Consequently, Fred's gets lots of my shopping dollars (One stop shopping).