Thursday, July 9, 2009

Call me Mama Leone

Tonight we had a spaghetti feed for the fellas that are doing STP with Larry on Saturday. I have to say (and I know at least Kate can relate) that nothing feels better than having your company happily devour the meal you made for them.
I made the sauce and meatballs from scratch (both first time recipes and both unbelievably good), salad, grilled zucchini, and garlic-cheese bread (also from scratch). They all had at least 2 servings and there wasn't a drop of food left. Success.
I also tried my hand at making homemade protein bars, an attempt to make a preservative-free, tasty supplement. Larry thought they were OK (he had a corner piece, so maybe the sides were a little drier than the rest) but Joe and Dave loved them. Dave rode his bike up our hill(s) on a single gear bike, so he was very hot and sweaty when he arrived and ate 3 of the bars as soon as he arrived. Then he asked for the recipe. Awesome.
And then... the headache that I've been staving off with narcotics all day started to rear it's head. So I went out for a run and just got out of the shower. It's at bay, but I can tell it wants to be a doozy. I really don't feel like driving to Portland and back with a headache!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yep, I can relate. :) It's a total affirmation when people scarf up your food and loudly (or quietly) enjoy it. Way to go. I'm sure they all really appreciated your efforts.

Hope your headache goes away! Have a good, safe trip and good luck to Larry!

Jackie said...

Success!

Good luck Larrabee!!