Thursday, July 30, 2009

Me and my white trash A/C

I don't care how ghetto I am, I'm hot as hell and am willing to try anything to get some relief on the cheap.
So I've got our big fan blowing full blast with a bucket full of ice water in front of it. I googled it. This form of po' mans air conditioning even has it's on Wikipedia page!
Otherwise we've been out and about this week seeking different forms of cool: We went and stood in the river at Hovander Homesead, we slipped and slided at the neighbors house, we went up to Semiahmoo and played in the pool for a few hours (and I have to say, I've never seen so many "perky" boobs on so many women over 50... that's what having disposable income gets you I suppose), and today my kids played at a pool while their friend did his hippotherapy (I got to work in an air conditioned office which made working so much more pleasurable).

2 comments:

Erin said...

Uh, do I detect past tense? What happened with work?

Heather said...

No, I'm still holding my own at AV.