Friday, August 14, 2009

Dust off my bottom and get back on the horse

So today I woke up, took a long Internet placement test (which I'm pretty confident in my aptitude), had a phone interview with a bank, and got a few chores completed. I have to say I am really encouraged by the responses I've gotten so far during my job search. And the farther I get away from my last day at my old job, the easier I breathe.
And I'm totally excited about this weekend, I am heading down to the island to have a picnic with some old classmates, possibly see some family, and do the island county fair and see some more old friends from high school. Facebook has encouraged us all to actually reconnect with each other.
And... as much as I hated that my mother did it every summer, I am counting down the days until Brady goes back to school. He is driving me bonkers!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck with the job search. If the hours weren't so bad I think you would make a fantastic police officer!

amy and mighty max said...

Hey my friend...you were in my thoughts this week about your job search. I am also on "the search" right now and if I come across anything...I'd love to pass it on to you.

Anything in particular you are seeking? A great bonus is that you don't need a position with insurance benefits...that has been my sticking point. :)

Best wishes to you and hopefully soon we can both celebrate new and amazing opportunities!!!