Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Island

Saturday I returned "home". I get a little sad every time I go to the south end of Whidbey because I have no family there anymore. No "base". I'm now an outsider, looking in the windows of my home. But it was also therapeutic because I got to reconnect with lots of old classmates and introduce my children to a few island memories. And so they reminded me that I was still a part of the fabric of the island.

A really blurry shot (I swear I'm getting a new camera when I get a job)... my kids were totally enamored by Michael. I remember him being the pest on the school bus ;)
My kids in one of the fire trucks. I was bummed that the fire fighter on duty was new, so he didn't remember my dad. But I still like the fact that my kids were crawling around in my dad's old truck.
Ah, the Fiddle Faddle Farm. I used to run around in there every year when I was a kid. We used to be able to catch farm animals in the Critter Chase and bring them home. PETA ended that tradition.
Brady wasn't tall enough to ride these alone, but apparently the carny doesn't discriminate.
Tuned in and blocked out. Stick a pacifier in his mouth and call him the pinball wizard.

Tom, Carrie, and Mike patiently waiting for me while the kids rode some rides.
Me, Trice, and Carrie at Freeland Park.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Isn't it fun to go "home"? Always reminds me of where I came from and who I am.

Jen said...

How fun to share your favorite places with the kids!