Saturday, August 22, 2009

Run off by the Rankin's

Erin showing the boys how it's done.

B and C.
It looks like she's lecturing Ashi, but she was showing him how to blow dandelion fluff.

This morning started out so nice. I woke up, had a cup of coffee and a 3 mile run (alright, I walked up Barkley Blvd) and then we met Erin and her boys at the dirt park. C and B had a good time riding their bikes on the hills and scooting around on their rumps.
After lunch my mom picked up Natalie and they went to see The Princess and The Pea with the tickets that Natalie earned from the summer reading program at the library. I was a terrible mom and took Brady to Fairhaven Runners so I could buy a new jog-bra. I can't think of a worse fate for a nearly 7 year old boy. But I knew the task was impossible with both children in tow, so he got the short stick.
Once the girls returned from the theatre we headed out to Kate's house where she made a delicious taco bar for dinner. The ladies headed outside to pick blackberries and when we returned we noticed some doll hair all over the floor. Then, while Kate and I were hugging our daughters; horror came out of Kate's mouth "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" My daughter, you know, the one that gave herself a mullet haircut a couple of weeks ago? She thought Zoe could use some layering in the back of her beautiful, long, blond hair. I could have died. Kate of course smiled at me when I left, but man was my tail tucked between my legs. And you should have heard the wailing coming from Little Miss Natalie Sue.
Marking this one down on my list of "Are you Effing kidding me?" kid moments.
I'm so sorry Kate!
It looks like Sam liked the present Brady got for him.
HuhWhat?
Brooke, I should put the picture of you stealing Natalie's cake, but instead I'll just put the one of Natalie telling you off :)
Brady had a prime seat to watch Sam blow out his candles and open gifts.
I made out with some loot before gettin' chased off with the shotguns. I won't tell you what kind of bowl was used to collect the berries, but Kate works in a hospital...

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Yes, thanks for not putting it on, I am sure I looked pretty hot in the picture though! Really? I get to see no pictures of the famous doo?

Heather said...

It's actually it's a cute picture of the two of you... and don't talk to me about photos, I'm not going to photograph Zoe's hair, then there'd be evidence of Natalie's crime!