Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You Can't Choose Your Family

Last weekend the kids spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house when Larry and I went to the Mariners game and then to a wedding the next day. I could use more weekends like that (sans children that is).

This is what I have to put up with (and I love it):
On the door of Grandma & Grandpa's house when we pull up to take our children home.

Lil' Larry & Heather

The kids are in the bedroom tied up with gags on. They can breathe we think.

We have left. Probably not coming back.

Being Grandparents is an honor and we are very proud of the grandkids.

Now that we are old we need naps, they don't. We need quiet, not in their vocabulary. We eat at a specific time. They eat all the time. We need time alone. They need our time.

All in all a great couple of days.

Love ya

Cameron & Sue

No forwarding address or phone number.

We open the door and Cameron had overturned chairs, strewn magazines all over the floor and his clothes were disheveled.

I love that I have a fellow smart-ass in the family. He takes the heat off me and I have someone who can dish it out AND take it. I love you Cameron!

1 comments:

Kate said...

That's awesome.