Thursday, August 13, 2009

I need some bootstraps

To pull up.
I quit my job yesterday. I had it up to here. I don't want to go into it much here because I just don't have the interest to give this situation any energy. I'm done, period.
But, that fact doesn't stop the onslaught of sheer panic over my current state of employ. Especially in this economy. So I've been very diligent about preparing my resume (it's really short) and searching for a job that pays me what I'm worth and brings me joy and satisfaction. Not too tall of an order I think.
I have noticed the waves of emotion taking their toll though. I took a nap today (a rarity) and I'm still exhausted. Besides my own personal drama, I also found out my brother lost his home, my friends husband has started Hospice, another friend is just plain ole struggling to maintain... I feel completely overwhelmed and drained of energy.
Somebody find me some bootstraps (whatever the hell they are!)

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Heather. It took guts to quit the job you hate. Good for you for! I can't offer much except for support. Hang in there. Wish there was more I could do.

rebecca said...

wish I could give you some support but I need some boat straps myself. hang in there lady, all is going to work out. I will keep you, your family and friends in my thoughts.

amy and mighty max said...

Thinking of you my friend and sending strength, good ideas, and comfort your way. And most importantly, good for you for knowing what you don't want and looking for what you "do want" in life!!!

Amy :)

Unknown said...

What!? You GOT bootstraps, and you done pulled your self up by them and you said, "That's the last time you treat me like shit you big jackass, and you took a pair of CAT eye glasses and stuck 'em you know where"! Or at least that's how it plays in my head.

And now, you're meditating, considering, waiting for infinite power to speak to you, to show you the way. It's so easy to stay in a place where you know you aren't meant to be because finding the way is frightening, but wonderful. I know you will!

Also, in my wisdom through the last several years of survival whilst I follow my path I have learned one thing: Time does not stand still, so you are always and already 'getting through it'. You are making progress, and you will survive, you will be comfortable, you will eat and pay your mortgage and your family will be a-ok. and possibly if not better for the wear, certainly not worse.

Love to you!

-all-seeing survivalist.

p.s. What in life that is worth something is not hard?

Unknown said...

I put the quotation marks in the wrong place! I'm not stupid just sleep deprived!

t said...

I'm proud of you for taking care of you. You've made the right choice and things will get better. After all, they cain't get much worse right now ;

Love you tons!