Saturday, August 8, 2009

Seattle and Solitude

Yesterday morning my co-workers and I headed south to tour one of our favorite optical labs. They treated us to lunch at Bahama Breeze (I had black bean soup and Caesar salad, with a mango/pineapple mojito. That was too much alcohol for lunch, but it was gooood!). The tour itself was like walking through and episode of How It's Made, not very glamorous but very interesting.
Then we did a marathon trip through IKEA (I bought Larry some Muesli and got myself a couple of cutting boards), and then we had dinner at Buca di Beppo where Larry joined us before heading to the game. And I just have to say here that "Are you effing kidding me that you expect me to pay $25 for parking when I am parallel to the SODO building?!"
We didn't get our Griffey bobbleheads (apparently there were 15,000 people in line at 2:00 to get them) and the game started off a little ho-hum until the bottom of the 7th when Griffey hit a homer, then things kind of fell apart again until Ichiro tied things up. But it all came down to the last count in the 11th inning (at 11:00pm) one guy on 2nd, 2 outs, 2 strikes and 3 walks. Home-run! Shame on you people who left early! It was so awesome, the bullpen rushed the field just like they had one the AL West championship!
We got home after 1:00, fell quickly asleep and this morning I woke up whenever I felt like it. It was nice. And it's 10:00 and I haven't moved from the couch. Nice. The kids are with Grandma Honey until this evening since Larry and I have a wedding to attend today. It's really nice to have a day that I have no "duties".

2 comments:

Jen said...

enjoy your day!

Erin said...

Man, Now I feel like a jerk for calling at 8am. Sorry, I'd already been up for SEVERAL hours!