Sunday, December 23, 2007

Allied Arts

Today I went to Allied Arts with my sista from another mista Tracy. I look forward to going every year and purchase some great gifts ( I totally buy-in to the "buy local" thing, makes our community feel more like home I think, and I esp. like that feeling since I grew up in such a small town. Does any of this make sense?)
I had to SEARCH to buy something this year! It was basically, jewelers, photographers, and soap/lotion makers. And the jewelry I liked was $$$. Like $70 for a simple bracelet? Or $150 for a box? It makes it hard to buy local when you're getting bent over the cash register. I did buy myself a bag of raw hazelnuts (healthier snack option, right?) and picked up a few photos of bicycles for Larry (at $3.50 per 4x6 photo!)
Then I went and nixed out my healthy snack by having a bialy with feta-garlic-dill spread and a yum-o best-in-the-world mocha from Avellino's. You could smell me comin' around the corner I'm sure.
Tomorrow we are off to Seattle to a. ride the monorail b. see Santa c. ride the carousel and d. watch the Nutcracker. Then my mom and her NEW FIANCE Bill (a topic not ready to post about, but getting there) will be over to help me tidy up and get the brunch prepped for Santa's big day... I mean the birth of Jesus Christ our Savior. Oh, did I say our? I mean not mine, maybe yours. That's another post topic!

1 comments:

rebecca said...

you make me laugh! so your mom got engaged, girls night should be fun this month! hang in there, sounds like you have a buys day. merry christmas, have a great one.