Monday, December 17, 2007

Check Up's

So we had to get up early this morning and take both the kids to their dental checkup, I took them in their pajamas, less fighting (between me and them).

Brady has a cavity (that can't wait to fall out) GREAT. But the bittersweet news really is that one of his 6 year old molars is in. WHAT?! What happened to my little boy? That is a permanent tooth! My how time flies. And I was told that his front teeth will fall out within the year. I REMEMBER losing my front teeth, it is so strange that I have a child that is forming memories now that he will carry through life. It's easy to think that children aren't absorbing their environment, or that they will forget a traumatic event (not that losing a tooth is traumatic, but certainly exciting). But then I look back and remember my preschool days, and think "Brady is creating those same memories for himself now." Whoa- to quote Joey Lawrence.

Enough of the existential bullshit, but man it slams me in the gut how fast this is all going sometimes! Childhood is so fleeting!

1 comments:

rebecca said...

scary! Memories are starting to form, hope we don't mess our kids up to bad.