Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ornaments





I am finally fed up with the lack of ornaments my kids are bringing home from school. Natalie beat Brady with the first ornament (he's been in preschool for almost 3 years now!) with a lovely tongue depressor star. Then Brady came home with the classic pony-bead candy cane. Finally! I was so excited to put them on the tree! And tonight I let them drip glue and swish glitter into a couple of glass balls and of course Brady chose the BLACK glitter ("and some pink too mom") And Natalie was all yellow, pink, and white. So the tree is coming along nicely. For years, my girl scout ornaments were the only homegrown thing on there (besides the one remaining mice-sleeping-in-a walnut my mom made when we lived in Shafter).

Larry and I also started collecting the Swarovski snowflakes the year we got married (2000) and I believe that is when they started making these ornaments, maybe I'm wrong (like I'd admit it if I found out I am) So we have 8 snowflakes and the tree topper that matches. I can't wait until one day our entire tree will be nothing but Swarovski Snowflakes! That is if I don't kill Larry first, but then I could still buy them because I'd be a widow and technically still married... but I digress :) Nah, I love the guy to much. And I want him to see our tree someday too, covered with all the years of our marriage.

1 comments:

Cary McNeal said...

It's not truly Christmas till your kid brings home the dreaded popsicle-stick (or tongue depressor, if you prefer) star. We'd have five or six if we didn't throw them away when the tree comes down.

Thx for the laughs.