Thursday, December 13, 2007

Take 1

So here is my blog. I'm lazy about blogging on myspace, maybe this will keep me on top of it. I plan to rant a lot and gripe a lot as that is my nature.

So what have I been up to? Well as well as getting most of my shopping done online, I also made a stop on Amazon.com and bought myself a couple more books for my collection of my Great Aunt Beth's works. I hope to have a complete (in duplicate) library of all of her title's. So I ordered 2 more of her Pollyanna books Pollyanna's Door to Happiness and Pollyanna's Golden Horseshoe. I originally thought she had only written 3 of the Pollyanna Series, but later discovered these other 2. She also has a children's book called I, Juan de Pareja that won a Newberry (or Caldecott, I never remember without going downstairs to look). And some of her stories are especially wonderful for me because they chronicle her life and love story. I get a lot of family history from her through her writings. My family travelled to Mexico to visit her in 1985 and it was such a life altering trip. I'm so glad I got to visit with her once more before she passed.

And another thing I've been wondering about: Is it strange that my 5 year old wants everything Black when there is a choice in color? Black playdoh, Black iturtle (we had to go to Burger King today and get one, YUCK) etc. Is he going through is goth phase early? I mean if his goth phase is playdoh and toy turtles, you won't hear me complain, especially when your teenagers are stealing your black eyeliner and wearing their hair over their eyes.

1 comments:

t said...

Obviously you've let Brady spend too much time with ME in his formative years, so um.. yah.. sorry.