Sunday, December 30, 2007

Trail Running



A couple of summers ago, Brady and I started Trail Running up above our neighborhood. I also found out that I need to learn more about my camera, as I've been taking really crappy photos lately, and Larry says it's me and not this camera. Crap. I wanted it to be the camera.
Anyway, Brady and I have so much fun running on the trails in what's left of the woods. It will be so sad when it gets developed, as B and I are making some great memories up there. We usually take Norman the giant Lab, and Katie howled in heartbreak that her man was going out without her. Problem is, last time we took Katie trail-running she almost didn't make it back. She's fatter than me and had to stop and SIT on the walk back. She needs to start on smaller walks, not these aggressive root-hopping, hill-climbing trail runs. And Norman bounds and leaps right along with Brady, they are so cute together (but Norman is the ORIGINAL mama's boy). And ol' Norm is turning 10 in January! That dog has not lost a single bit of his puppy spirit, I think he'll be a puppy till the day he dies. Wild ass dog. And big (like 110 pounds big) And tall (Brady is 45" and Norman comes up to his chest.) But Brady can walk him just fine, 3 years of obedience paid off a little bit, made Norman tolerable.

0 comments: