Friday, December 14, 2007

Years and Miles


One of my oldest and dearest friends Jackie came for a visit this weekend. She moved to Minnesota when she fell in love (super nice, super cute guy). I always miss her presence, but she one of those friends that even though I hadn't seen her in over 3 years, our friendship always picks up where it left off. Of course I talk to her (not so much talk, more like spread gossip) at least once a week. I've been friends with her since 7th grade, but we've been schoolmates since Kindergarten at good ol South Whidbey Elementary, and we walked down the aisle together at graduation at South Whidbey High. I remember feeling fat in the picture on the top (OK, in the bottom picture too) back in 1991(?). But look! I have a collarbone and only 1 chin! What was I so worked up over my self image for back then, because we all see what happens after 15 years and a couple of kids. BTW, that is my "I'm a bad ass bar wench" face. Pretty convincing,huh? I was never a good actor. The best part about Jackie too is our one line queue's we have, like an old married couple like "salsa stick" and "Airmont". Stealing cars and meeting boys on summer vacation at the beach. She introduced me to all kinds of unsavory music and movies, and really formed a huge part of who I am. And I still talk to her anyway ;)

0 comments: