Thursday, December 13, 2007

White Elephant Rant

So I went to my Bunco party last night ( I totally love all the ladies that are a part of it, I look forward to it every month!) and we had a "White Elephant" gift exchange at the end. Now, to me a true White Elephant is something that makes you groan "good gawd, where on earth did they find this and why did they wrap it up and give it to ME?" right? So, my gift, courtesy of my brother Richard who works at the king of Crapola ARCHIE McPHEE's (coolest place on earth) was a faux fur leopard print fez with a tassel. Cool, huh? Most of the gifts were NICE! I was kind of irked (sorry if you were there, but this is MY BLOG) I ended walking home with a snowman coffee mug filled with a bag of red Mn M's (which I actually need for this weekends reindeer party, score!) Am I the only one (besides a couple others, like Brooke's cookie jar, but people I think actually wanted that) that wasn't afraid to piss someone off? OK, the finger vibrator wasn't too bad, but who wants to say "I'd like to steal the vibrator and take that home instead of these slipper socks?" Well, one person did, but we expected her to. All in all it was a wonderful evening with wonderful women. Though I seem to only go to Bunco to add money to the pot, I never take any of money home! Queen of the Half-Ass!

5 comments:

Elizabeth, Jackson and Thomas said...

i think i'm going to LOVE your blog...:) E

suebdo said...

A curious and wonderful way to really know my daughter. As Dylan said, "The times they are a changin'."

Samantha Seholm said...

You are so funny. I added your blog to my favorites list:)

Jen said...

Alright Heather, this is going to be good!

rebecca said...

love your blog name! can't wait to see what goes on with you. thanks for going the blog world.