Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Morning



I was worried that I would wake up to a battle Christmas morning. We found out the night before that Larry, who was scheduled to do the building check at Costco that day, was supposed to meet the other managers at 8 am, not 6 like we had hoped. So I'm thinking "great, just as the kids wake up to see that Santa had come Larry will be gone and I don't want him to miss anything." But luckily, Natalie woke up at 8 and didn't notice anything ("I want eggs, mom") and Brady woke up as Larry walked in the front door!
Then at 11, my brother Richard and his girlfriend Hannah, my mom and her fiance Bill, and us had brunch. I figured it would be easier to do than try to orchestrate a big dinner (last year's was a disaster). Then Hannah and Rich could still have time to go visit her family. Brady loves his "Uncle".
Now comes the clean up, something I suck at. And Larry (not me) forgot to take the damn garbage can to the curb last night!!!! Brady will love to take an extra trip to the dump, but what a pain in the ass. I did make a large trip to Goodwill today while Brady played at Aiden's. It's becoming difficult to purge toys with him around.
It was a really nice day, and topped off by a visit from Tracy and her friend Holly and Holly's son Salem. He got a REAL Light Saber, way cool. Larry's eyes lit up when he saw it. I sure hope everyone had a peaceful celebration, on to New Years!

0 comments: