Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas in the City








We went to Seattle yesterday to do all the things I listed earlier, it was such an awesome trip! The weather was beautiful, and the whole day was just so much fun!
First we stopped at the Seattle Center and caught the monorail to Westlake Center. The kids absolutely loved it, though Brady had a death grip on my hand until the monorail started and he noticed that Natalie was standing with her face against the window, then he thought it was pretty cool.

Then we cruised over to Macy's to see Santa (on the 5th floor!) and stood in line for 20 minutes to see him. Natalie started to get nervous as we got closer and I tried every bribe in the book (and told her that Santa held the Carousel tickets, and she couldn't go unless she sat on his lap, prepping her for pedophiles?) So the picture is being mailed and you bet it will be posted, very little of her body was touching Santa and she is very red. This is the first year I've had a child react so strongly against Santa. Brady has been nervous before, but never frightened. But she wanted her "payoff" of the carousel ride, so we went back to Westlake to wait in another line to ride on that... but we had fun in line!

We had a celebrity sighting (minor, but I'm a huge fan) Joel McHale from The Soup on E!. So I snagged a picture, he used to be on Almost Live! here in Seattle back in the day, so he must have been home for the holidays. I didn't bug him though because he was clearly with family. But I did paparazzi his ass! And this poor, unfortunate girl was in line too, I thought I had the worst haircut in childhood history (will post later) but this girl takes top honors. Got a picture of that too.

Then back on the monorail to McCall Hall to watch the Nutcracker. I'm sorry but nothing holds a candle to watching it there. The Hall is grand, the sets are designed and painted by Maurice Sendak (Where the Wild things are and Little Bear) and an old friend of mine's parents actually founded the Pac NW Ballet, and the choreography is done by his dad, Kent Stowell, world class! And the kids loved it, which made me so happy. Larry loved it too.

Well I'm pooped, got a itunes gift cert. for Christmas, so I've got to get to work on my rap CD before bed. Will post about Christmas tomorrow!

0 comments: