Sunday, August 3, 2008

A day of Food

My little camera is lost. I'm totally bummed. I loved that little camera. I even had my name and phone # on it, hoping that someone would call me and return it. But no. I even went so far as to clean my car out looking for it. No luck.

But... today we made french toast with that bread Cinnamon Supreme this morning. Oh. My. God. It really did make the most unbelievable french toast. I make my toast this way:
A few eggs, a few spoonfuls of plain or vanilla (if plain then I add some vanilla) yogurt, and maybe a little milk to thin things out. And cinnamon, but today I didn't need to add cinnamon. So tasty. So good. Go buy a loaf and make some next weekend.

And then tonight Larry had his climbing buddy over for dinner (actually they're having a sleepover) so that they can rise early in the morning and go to Squamish and climb. So I tried to grill some ribs, but ended up doing some carbon testing on them. The fat in the ribs ignited quite a blaze (like it kept burning 10 minutes after I shut the lid and turned the gas off). And I singed the heck out of my arm trying to rescue our dinner. I do not get along with grills. I've lost my eyebrows, most of my nose hair, and my mustache (that wasn't so bad) in another grilling incident. Damn electric ignitors.

So anyway. We salvaged what we could, defrosted some chicken breasts and grilled those up (Larry grilled those), and I made those zucchini cakes (the ones I made at Jen's BBQ). They are a adapted recipe from pioneer woman's cooking site. I added some onion. Because I like zucchini and onion together.

Just got home from getting a quick lesson in kayak transport from Jim. It is so kind that he and Elizabeth are lending them to us. Larry's Uncle Mike and his new lady-friend Dana are coming to visit the great NW from Santa Barbara, so we thought a nice trip out in the sound would be nice. Let's hope the sun stays around for that.

0 comments: