Monday, August 4, 2008

Samish Park

Brady and his construction site #1 ("don't take my picture mom!" is what came out his mouth about 2 seconds after I took this.)

I caught Natalie mid-sneeze. The beginning of the spaz attack.
Poor Brady buzzed all his hair off yesterday, so he wasn't half as entertaining in front of the fan. Ah, would you look at that dimple!!!

Ok, I have a confession. I've never been to Samish park on Lake Samish. Until today. This is what living in the NW is all about! The "beach" was a tad small, but everything else was grand and breathtaking. People spend money to take in scenery like this. And I get to live it (remind me about this in October when it has been raining for 23 days straight, k?)


We met my friend Chris and her 3 children (Brady is fascinated by her oldest because, well, he's older) they played in the water and excavated construction sites (Brady brought down a bulldozer, an excavator, and his giant dump truck). Then the boys found out how much fun it is to ride the dump truck down the concrete ramp (they have total handicap accessibility, a ramp that goes into the water about 10 feet or so that has a metal handrail, and ends with a perpendicular hand rail that they can use to brace themselves with. Very cool).


We headed home and had a nice visit from Carly, and her ever expanding belly (there is a little baby boy growing in there. I may have to kidnap him come October). I'm about to burst with excitement for her and her husband, Jim.


Larry came home from his rock climbing trip at Squamish, B.C. and the kids spazzed out in front of the fan, in celebration of his return. I kissed him quickly, and met Erin for dinner and drinks. Way fun, but it's hard to drink with someone who tips over after 2 glasses of wine. But it's highly entertaining at the same time. We had to close the restaurant down, so that she could sober up enough to get home safely (I think she drank a gallon of water too).

3 comments:

Kate said...

I confess, I've never been to Lake Samish either. (hangs head in shame) I guess I'm gonna have to make a trip.

Jen said...

We wento Samish Beach a few years ago and it is definately the nicest beach around here but it is very small. Was it really busy during the week?

Brooke said...

I have lived here for 33 years and I too have never been there. what a shame, I guess I will have to check it out! I hope Brady wont be too upset that Gage will be gone for the party. He has football practice from 6-8, but if you hang around till after 8, I bet Gage would let him try on all his football gear!