Thursday, August 14, 2008

To quote Ice Cube: Today was a good day.

After work this afternoon, the kids and I took the bus downtown (I told you I would make up for my eco-disaster with the styrofoam peanuts) to retrieve a shoe and my camera.

Brady's favorite shoes are these shoes/sandals called MION (my own) made by the guy who designed the Keen sandals. We stopped at Kids Northwest yesterday morning (rode the bus downtown then too) and they were on the summer clearance wall. Sweet! So I picked up a pair, and the owner said "Yes, Timberland (the manufacturer) has discontinued the MION sandals. NO! so I bought Brady the next 3 sizes, and picked up a pair for Natalie next year. Of course when I got home, one of the shoes was missing, it was the display shoe.

So we headed downtown to retrieve the shoe, retrieve my lost camera (yea!), and pick up some more fish filters at the fish store.

We had a few minutes to kill before our bus came, so I treated the kids to a cone at Mallards.





3 comments:

Jackie said...

Best mom award.

Jen said...

mmmm - mallard's.

rebecca said...

welcome back little camera.

I can't wait to take the bus with my bus, you have opened up a whole new world for us.