Saturday, August 9, 2008

On a Rainy Saturday in Whatcom County



We started the day with the shocking realization ("Did that button really come from your nose? Nawww... ohmygod, it did!")

Then we ran a couple errands and headed to the Fun Zone since it was raining when we left the house (I think we were inside at the Fun Zone for the only sunny patch of the day). It was fun for Brady, but Natalie lost interest quickly (she won't go down the big slides), so she chatted up a fellow mom. Really chatted her up.

A Costco and Haggen run, then off to the touch tank to watch the feeding of the animals. They usually close at 5, and feed the creatures after hours, so this was a treat. Natalie held a sea cucumber (if you've ever held one, you know what I'm thinking), and chatted up the director of the Marine life center. Really chatted her up.

The Sand in the City exhibit had shut down for the evening, but we did get to peek at the sand sculptures, then we had a few ramp races before heading home to watch The Aristocats.

My eyes hurt. And Michael Phelps broke a world record tonight. Shattered it even.

P.S.er: The last 3 photos are of : Natalie in her new Kirkland Signature (costco) brand organic cotton pajamas; Brady watching Aristocats in the dog bed; Piper, our next door neighbors dog sulking in my bed (she wouldn't look at me). We're petsitting Piper for the weekend which is a lot of fun minus the beagle baying as she tears off after Daisy the cat. Daisy slept up high in Natalie's closet last night.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh! I See Daisy isn't only MY favorite but Piper's too! I wish I could have been there to share the day with you guys. I can't wait to come and stay and be a part of all the fun. MWUAH!

Jen said...

I love those jammies, we'll be making a trip to Costco!