Saturday, August 16, 2008

Freakin' Hot Friday at the Fair.

Brady made his own rope.
Natalie and Zoe on a forklift (can you tell they have big brothers?)
Brady being "loaded" by Sam.
"Sam, get out of the picture."
"Brady, get out of the picture."
Yes, we bribed our children with purple cotton candy so that we could watch the horses.

I took the kids to the fair (again) so that I could see the horse show that evening. You see, if we just went today (Monster Trucks are tonight) we would miss what I want to see, the horses. And we can't go to the earlier horse show today because the kids have dueling birthday parties.
We've been blessed/cursed with having 2 friends having their children on the exact same day. So every year, their birthday's collide. And we certainly can't choose one friend over another, it's quite a orchestration of the mini-van driving.
The weather finally relented just as we were growing weary, so we were able to stay the rest of the day.
P.S. Does anyone have any tips on how to get my children to look AT the camera when I take their photo?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You guys were brave to continue in the heat! Good thing it let up a bit!

Kate said...

SO much fun! It was a great day and I'm so glad I got to hang out with you. :)