Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goodbye Casey's

I just found out that the grocery store on the island I grew up on is closing in April. Casey's was a fixture of my childhood and teenage years. Mom would take us shopping there; I'd shop for my Girl Scout camping trips there; formed a gigantic crush on Chris Currier there (he worked there and was also the Quarterback for our football team); I met friends at Casey's on a Saturday night to find out where the parties were (usually at the Clear Cuts or The Bluff) and wait for another islander of legal drinking age to buy us some Budweiser, usually at twice the price; or stocked up on vandalism supplies to hit one of our friends homes (and sometimes enemies) with things like T.P., eggs, and whipped cream.
I kinda feel like making a pilgrimage to Bayview...

1 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my MEGA crush worked there too! You know who - haha. Remember when I worked the Espresso stand out front - right when it was all being first introduced....What about the time I wasn't where I told my parents I was gonna be and they never shop there and we went there and they were shopping! You and me crawled on the floor and behind the bread to make our escape...I'm gonna miss Casey's :(