Sunday, February 22, 2009

Recovery and Comfort food

It's day four of the Migraine, but I think it has finally passed. My bff Jackie called and said she was making it her mission to help me with these headaches. Too sweet.
I have been puttering around the kitchen this afternoon and online looking for some fun recipes, and made my fav snack food (OK, one of many fav's) Rosemary Cashews. My friend Karen made these for Bunco one night, and I haven't been the same since. Seriously, if you like Cashews, you MUST make these, it takes like 6 minutes and it will make you very happy.

ROSEMARY CASHEWS

*1 pound roasted unsalted cashews
*2T minced fresh rosemary leaves
*1/2t cayenne pepper
*2t light brown sugar
*1T kosher salt
*1T unsalted butter (I used salted butter and decreased the kosher salt a smidge)
DIRECTIONS
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*Spread the cashews out on a cookie sheet and toast in oven until warm, about 5 minutes.
*In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt, and butter. Thoroughly toss the warm cashews with the spiced butter and serve warm.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man! FOUR days?? I'm sorry that stupid headache hung around so long.

And you KNOW I love those cashews too! SO addicting.

Jen said...

those cashews were fabulous. Thanks for the recipe!

Elizabeth, Jackson and Thomas said...

why oh why would you share that AMAZING recipe with us?! i have no choice but to make these EVERY DAY. i loved 'em.

very glad to hear you're on the mend. :) E