Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What the Eff?!

I'm looking at 3" of snow on my deck right now. And I'm looking at a little boy who's been running a fever of a 102 since 2:00 a.m. And I'm looking at a little girl who has been an angel even though she's been cooped up in the house all day, with her birthday celebration looking like a cancellation.
Julie scolded me for baking today. If you recall at Christmastime, every time I tried to make a treat for Natalie's pageant, school was closed. I made brownie bites (with sparkly pink heart frosting) for her birthday celebration at school tomorrow. I foresee myself eating brownies for the next 2 days. And brownies aren't my favorite. But they're bite size and available.
Natalie has been enjoying the feast of snow (she prefers to eat it rather than play in it), and poor Brady has hardly lifted his head to view the accumulation. It sucks for a boy to have all this snow and no energy to enjoy it.

3 good things today:

-1 week and 1 day before Erin travels to officially become a mama to A.

-My Bellingham Mom (before my actual mom became a Bellingham Mom) Nancy is coming in Friday for a eye exam. I haven't seen her since Brady was a baby. I've missed her so, so, much and can't wait to hug her. She moved to Australia for her husbands job several years ago. I {heart} her a lot.

-I found out a dear friend has found true love (actually was reunited with her unrequited love).

2 comments:

Kate said...

I hear ya. You should see the snow at my house. OBNOXIOUS. It's a veritable blizzard and has been since early this afternoon.

Hope Brady gets feeling better soon!

Jen said...

sorry to hear about Brady. this snow is crazy. pretty but crazy.