Friday, February 6, 2009

"It just made a snap and started smoking"

That's what Larry said to me while I was at work yesterday. He was talking about our computer. I am so stressed out about it, all of my pictures were on there! My bootleg version of Publisher! My entire email address book! My pathetic link to the adult world!
Larry is going to look at it a little more closely today and give me a diagnosis, but it looks like I may be out of commission for a bit. I'll have to steal his laptop (work issued) to blog on the sly, but otherwise I'm crippled. Here's hoping it doesn't cost us our entire tax refund to repair the damage!

On to a post:

Yesterday Natalie thought it would be a good idea to climb her dresser in her closet yesterday. It's about 5 feet tall, and had all of her dress-up clothes, and her winter/summer/too big clothes. It also had (do you notice I'm speaking past tense yet?) my sewing machine and a very heavy case of poker chips. Seriously, I am damn lucky that my little girl is OK. She got her head pinned against the dresser and her closet door, and has a good size scrape and bruise on her right temple. I'm interested to know what she's going to look like today! I swear that girl...

And Brady eagerly ran upstairs to turn the TV on for me to watch a segment of "How It's Made". We watch this show together quite a bit, and he was so excited about the upcoming segment, and just knew that I would find it equally intriguing. The subject? How to make Maxi-pads. The kind with wings even. Thanks, honey.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man! Hope your computer will be okay. Maybe it needs a new sparkplug or something...

How scary about Natalie! The little monkey... Glad she's okay.

Jen said...

OMG I hope you can retrieve your pictures! That happened to us and it was terrible. Amelia apparently loves the Beach Boys she keeps signing for more.