Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Musings

-Every time I drive by some discarded carpet or visquin(sp?) that has fallen off a truck on the side of the road, I secretly wonder if it's a ditched body.
-I saw 10+ familiar faces last night at Treasury of Memories. It's just one more reason I love Bham. People ranged from dear friends, to co-workers, to casual acquaintances. I think I still kind of freak out one girl from card class because my memory can appear to be kind of stalkerish.
-I was asked 3 different times yesterday if I had bought a particular sign while I was in Seattle on Monday. It's highly irritating. If you ask me to do something (actually I offered to do this, which makes this even more obnoxious) and I say I will do it, guess what? I do it! Apparently it's a novel notion to most people that one might do what they say they will. But yes, I have the frickin' sign and I can't wait to shut up the peanut gallery this morning when I deliver it.
-If I sleep on my back I have nightmares. Guess how I woke up at 2:30 am last night?
-I think I may have had an epiphany about getting into a healthy shape. The problem with most theories is that it requires you to be selfish and take time for your self and blah, blah, blah. Well, that will never happen with me. I have never been a person that could put my self first. Ever. So I was walking the other day and came up with a theory that just might work. If it does, I'll reveal it. Or I can whisper it in your ear if you really want.
-I find it incredibly difficult not to sing along to songs. It doesn't matter if I'm in the car or in a store, all of the sudden I'm belting out the lyrics. I did it last night at Treasury in front of a lady I've never seen before. I think I may be a tad bit nuts.

2 comments:

Kate said...

And that's why we're friends. :)

Brooke said...

I think the same things about carpet, large trash bags on the side of the road. I am convinced if I ever have to do road clean up, I will be the one to find the body. I made my little brother check out a large pile of debris in a storm drain once, thinking it was a body. Oh the things we did to torture that poor kid.