Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Listening to my playlist got me thinking

Of all the great concerts I've seen so far.
-Tiffany (hey, she was great to my 7th grade self)
- The Cure (went with a boy who dressed up like Michael Smith)
- The Violent Femmes (for my 18th birthday. The whole floor of the coliseum sang happy birthday to me, very cool. I also almost got trampled to death that day. It was a great show!)
-Steve Miller Band (I think I saw him 4 times at the Gorge)
-The Doobie Brothers (opened for SM)
-Joan Jett (another opener for SM)
-Lillith Fair (twice) people like Sarah McLaughlin, Paula Cole, Tracy Chapman et.al.
-Kool and the Gang (friggin awesome. Drove all the way to the Silver Queen in Fife for that one.)
-Paul Simon
-Brian Wilson (he opened for PS, both of those men are geniuses. I saw them about 12 hours before my dad died.)
-The Lovin' Spoonful (won these tickets on the radio. The question? What does the average human do 10,000 times a day? The answer: Take a step.)
-James Taylor (a very mellow crowd. Larry and I were the youngest by 20 years. Still worth it.)
-The Beach Boys (for Terra's 30th birthday)
-Jackson Browne ( a wedding gift from me to Larry)
-Paul Revere and the Raiders (I won't admit where I saw these guys)
-The Wiggles (yes it's true. Twice)

I had tickets to see Pearl Jam once, I sold them and tripled my money instead.

On my concert bucket list:
-Van Morrison
-Elvis Costello
-Southern Culture on the Skids
-Yogoman Burning Band
-I wouldn't mind seeing Chicago live
-or Barenaked Ladies (they'd probably be best in Canada)

What's the best concert you've ever been to? Who would play at your dream concert?

2 comments:

Kate said...

I've seen Barenaked Ladies six times in concert. And they ROCK. SOOO much fun.

Saw the band Live at the Gorge twice. They were cool. Almost died in the mosh pit.

I'd LOVE to see Billy Joel in concert.

Kate said...

Best concert ever had to be Chris LeDeoux. We had front row center seats. The concert was in Casper, WY which was the hometown crowd. It was awesome!

Have to say one of the most memorable was BonJovi circa 1987ish. First time I was allowed to go without a chaperone. I was 14 I think.

George Strait was also awesome. Stood in the poring rain and almost got in a fight b/c someone kept bumping my cowboy hat. He just stands there and blets it out but man was he sexy!

Sting at the Gorge..in shorts and a tank top. YUM!