Friday, February 20, 2009

The "M" word

I fought a tough battle, but lost to a vicious migraine last night. I was so doped up by the end of the evening I couldn't speak coherently, and I was still in agonizing pain. Next time I get struck with a whopper, I might call up Max and see if I can take a hit or two of his oxygen, I've heard some people get relief from something as simple (and less toxic to my liver and kidneys, as well as not being a narcotic so I could still be a participating parent) as oxygen, but I'd like to try it before taking the path to get O2 at home. I'm willing to mooch from a 3 year old for some relief.
I seriously considered going to the ER last night, but decided that 1. I didn't want Larry to have to load up everyone in the car at midnight, 2. I didn't want to pay for a cab, 3. It was torture to roll over in bed, so the thought of traveling to a place with 4. Fluorescent lights with my migraine was not appealing, and 5. I think our ER co-pay is like $250, which sounded totally worth it if not for 1-4. I did have a very vivid dream once I finally lost consciousness. It was very different than any other dream I've ever had...
So I'm a zombie today, with residual pain and very colorful urine (tmi?).
I had a couple of cute pictures to post from our visit with Kate and her kids, but they'll have to wait, but here is a picture that puts a smile on my face every day

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ugh, I'm sorry your head attacked you. That sucks. Hope you're feeling better today!

amy and mighty max said...

Max says he'll share his 02 with you anytime...

Sorry for the migraine, I cannot imagine. Sending good thoughts your way.