Saturday, March 14, 2009

Betties?


I'm really hoping to go see the opening season bout of the Roller Betties today, I'm still gauging my patience level with my children to decide if we're appropriate for public today.

Yesterday was the memorial service for Laura and Dominic. It was a very sweet and sad service. My heart just breaks for the family. I made the memorial cards which every one seemed to treasure, and another group of friends made a wonderful assortment of food (I have to admit it was strange to have not contributed to the food, I mean that's what I do!) but I focused more on making food for the family and putting energy into making the cards so that they were meaningful and respectful. And I really need to say 'Thank you' to Jen again for watching my kids yesterday, I really appreciate her help in making my being there stress-free so I could focus on caring for the family.

On the way home yesterday (and I have to say how absolutely beautiful Totem Terrace is, it's on the bluff so you have a beautiful view of the islands and you also have a perfect view of Mt. Baker to the east. I couldn't decide what to look at more, my head was spinning!) I saw two Pheasants. I don't think I've ever seen them in the wild before, they are pretty cool. I came home and told Larry and he knew exactly where I'd seem them and made some reference to hunting. I told them I shot them with my camera, and that was good enough for me.


0 comments: