Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chronicles of Narnia


I rented Prince Caspian this weekend and watched it with the kids, they both seem to enjoy this series and I can't wait to read it with them some day.


At the end of the movie when the children have to leave Narnia (oops, did I spoil it for you?) once again and they say their goodbyes, Natalie asks me as the credits start to roll: "Why did she have to say goodbye to the tiger (lion) Aslan?" I casually reply to her and then look over to her as I finished my answer. What I saw was a quivering lip and tears about to overflow. I held her and she began to sob inconsolably. She was really moved by the relationship between Lucy and Aslan. It was very cute and but I felt sort of guilty for letting her watch it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I know! What's that about? I felt guilty for making Pearl cry reading where the red fern grows? But I think it's important for them. They feel empathy for others. They love, and hurt and it's safe for them to feel that way before they have the opportunity to feel that way in real life. We cannot protect them from the sad parts in life, so they may as well get some experience watching movies.