Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting my boy to eat...


Tonight I combined Brady's favorite food with an activity. I've tried making pizza in the past (the boy refuses to eat english muffin pizzas), and usually turns his nose up at any sort of rustic looking pizza. But I decided to have another go at expanding his horizons (if not just for appearance's sake) and we headed down to TJ's to pick up supplies (finding the Yeti in the process!)

We headed home, and I proceeded to form two small pizza skins saving the other half of the dough for a pesto-shrimp pizza for Larry and I to share. Brady scoffed at the mini-pizza, and claimed the large for himself. I allowed it if it meant he might actually eat the damn thing. Both kids decorated their own pizza (I had to chase Natalie away from the package of pepperoni) and I made my mini pizza (sorry Lar!) and put them in the oven.

I had to serve Brady his pizza ("don't cut it mom!") on our serving plate. He got halfway through before I called time.

I know it's just pizza, but at least he's broadening his horizons on appearance, texture, and how it's made (yes, these have all been problems in the past). I'll take this success!

0 comments: