Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring keeps blowing my door open!

I'm rarely glad for the weekends, simply because nothing really changes around here. I hate Saturdays, Larry works from morning to night, and everyone else is home with their families so they don't want to spend time with me (sniff, sniff).


But I'm glad this weekend has arrived because that means I don't have to work for a few days. It makes for an uncomfortable work environment when two right-fighters get into it. I'm one of the right-fighters. But if I told you my long, mind-numbing saga, I'm sure you'd see my point of view and agree with me. Because why? Because I'm right!

This 'spring' weather we're having makes me realize more than ever that we really need a new front door. I have to slam the hell out of it to keep it from blowing open, then the kids are locked out because they can't open it if I slam it hard. So then I have to stop blogging to let them in, then they leave again and shut the door, then I have to get up again and go slam the door again. It's really putting a damper on my blogging progress!

Last night Brady complained that his head hurt and could he have a bag of ice for it. I humored him and made the bag. Then he wanted the bag strapped to his head. So I humored myself.

Mysteriously Natalie came down with the same ailment shortly after Brady recovered.

3 comments:

t said...

I totally want to hear the story.. and of COURSE you're right!!

Kate said...

It's not Spring that's blowing your door open. It's still F'ing WINTER trying to assert itself!! ARRRGHGHHH!

And you know you're always welcome to hang out with us on the weekends. We don't do much and would love the company. And if this weather ever straightens itself out we'll be out there walking!!

Unknown said...

You are right, I heard the story (Ha! tracy!)
I hope Brady and Natalie recover from their-looks like life threatening-illness!

They're very cute, but you're quite likely to find those bags some place you wish you hadn't