Friday, March 6, 2009

Signs of Spring















Natalie and I went for a hike (OK, I went for a hike, Natalie rode in a stroller to give me some weight resistance, like I need it) today and enjoyed all the sights and sounds of the coming of Spring.


My thighs (and stomach?!) hurt like hell right now, I guess I've earned that pina colada I'm going to enjoy in a couple of hours at Kate's house ~ get that blender going, girl! Maybe I should take a shower first, Barkley kind of kicked my ass... it's pretty sad when you beg a 4 year old to "please walk for 500 feet" so you don't throw up on the side of the road. It's hard enough hauling my rump up a 8%(?) grade hill, but add an extra 40-50 pounds? Forget it. It will be easier next time...

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey, think of this way: you're way ahead of me. I'll be hurting soon enough when we get walking and you'll already be toughened up! Good for you on doing it.

And thanks for coming over! It was a great evening.

amy and mighty max said...

If you ever want company on your walk, Max and I would love to join you! We've been enjoying signs of spring too! :)

Hope all is well...

Jen said...

thanks for the signs of spring. I needed that. Barkley is a toughy!