Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My treasure from Ethiopia


It pales in comparison to what Erin brought home, but she thoughtfully brought me home a bag of honest-to-goodness Ethiopian coffee. I can't wait to brew a pot in the morning!

But if I got a bag of coffee from Erin, then that means... I met Ashi (his nickname)!!!! He is more beautiful in person than I could have ever imagined from his photos, and he and Erin have bonded quickly, which I am so grateful for.

I didn't get pictures today since our visit was kind of hectic (and very wet). But I got to touch his sweet little curls and hear his cute little voice, and see how happy (and tired!) Erin is.

6 comments:

Kate said...

What time should I be over?? LOL J/K. :)

I'm SO happy to hear that things are going well so far for Erin & Ashi (Love the nickname!). What a relief to finally have him home.

t said...

How exciting that he's home and everyone's bonding. Ethiopian coffee is quite good...so i'm naturally jealous.

Unknown said...

Yeah!! I want to meet this kid!

amy and mighty max said...

I am sooooooo relieved and excited to know that they are home and well. And very happy you got to meet the lil' one. Can't wait!!

Thanks for the update! Amy :)

Jen said...

what great news!

rebecca said...

YOu are one lucky lady. so happy to hear they are safe and at home. I can't wait to meet him.