Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Norman the Saint

Tonight I got a glimpse of just how sweet Norman really was all these years.

Katie is taking his absence a little hard, she is pretty forlorn, and sat at the edge of the deck tonight looking away while the kids and I were in the hot tub. Usually she is there eagerly giving us kisses while we are at her mercy.

Katie was laying at my feet tonight as I was watching The Biggest Loser. Any late-night cravings I might have had were killed by this dogs non-stop farting. Hands down the gassiest dog I've ever had the misfortune to be near for an extended period of time. But I couldn't exactly chase her off while she is in mourning. It also got me to thinking... sweet old Norm cuddled up and slept with her in close quarters for 10 breath-holding years. Now that's love.

2 comments:

Jen said...

sweet and funny.

Elizabeth, Jackson and Thomas said...

you have a gift of being sentimental and hysterical at once...hope katie does okay during this transitional period. :) E