Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Foot Vs.

Much like a bee, this really cool tray that I've had for years died when it attacked me. But the mess of shattered ceramic, trail of blood from the kitchen to my bathroom, and the agonizing pain my foot is in makes me think that the battle was a draw. Plus I don't have my way cool tray anymore. It was my favorite.
By the way, I also recently broke our french press coffee maker on my foot too. I believe that:
a. I have giant feet in comparison to my height.
b. I have been and always will be a giant klutz (my mother always teased that my middle name should have been 'Grace').
c. I am also a self-saboteur. I think I may be subconsciously hurting myself with the pending marathon in June. When Larry and I started training for our century ride around Lake Tahoe, I promptly broke my elbow, making riding a bicycle very difficult.
BUT...
d. I am full of piss and vinegar and I still rode around Lake Tahoe and will also still complete this half-marathon regardless of the injuries I inflict on myself!

P.S. You are welcome for the absence of wound photos. Plus it's just a really deep cut and bruise, so it's not as impressive as it is painful.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Girl, if I have to pull your butt in a wagon, you ARE doing the marathon with me!!

Unknown said...

Damn! Is that the sweet little dish that goes with the metal thingy? Sorry about that. start wearing close toed shoes around.