Friday, April 17, 2009

Over eye caterpillars

I've been fighting a nagging headache that is unlike most of my migraines for the past 2 weeks. I keep getting stars every time I sit down. My boss (and eye Dr.) said that it was most likely a vascular issue. He asked what helped my headaches and I said "heat". Then he looked at all the hair on my head and suggested a hat (but we both wondered out loud how on earth I would need more insulation on my head with the amount of hair I have!). So Larry put me to bed last night with his ski cap on. I slept very cosily, and even hit snooze on my alarm twice.

Here's where my over-eye caterpillars come into play:

During the night the knit cap shifted around and I awoke to it sitting low on my forehead. When I took it off, all of my eyebrows had "hat hair" and were sticking out in every direction! I washed them, dried them, combed them, and they still were pointing every direction! So I started to get a little desperate. Then I had a bright idea: I'll take my mascara and lightly brush them in place, and the mascara will kind of hold them where they belong! Except my mascara is black. And I already have extremely dark brows. It looked ridiculous.

Some days I'm thankful I'm not overly vain. I had to go to work with crazy grandpa brows. It made my co-workers smile, so at least I have that.

Here is a random photo for the post. I told Brady I'd give him a quarter for the crank machine's at dinner the other night if he'd do this:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good one! I love that your eyebrows got hat hair. Also, I'm glad that you've discovered something that makes your headaches go away.

Lyndie said...

Love the pic of Brady but bummed we didn't get to see the eyebrows!

Jen said...

eyebrow pictures would be wonderful!

Heather said...

you are out of your mind if you think I would post pictures of my eyebrows on here!