Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Not enough D

Two of my very favorite people:
Happy Birthday, Tracy!


2 of the 3 Eagles soaring over our head while we had lunch on our deck.


36!!?? Take that back! We don't like that kind of language around here!

Orange smiles at an impromptu picnic while moms weeded.


Filthy feet give the best ear rubs...


What do they teach these kids at school?

I was hoping that the wonderful sun on Monday would lift my piss-poor mood, but it had little lasting effect.

Not to say I haven't been having fun an being active all week, I'm just doing so with a furrowed brow. Maybe I fell on a stick while gardening and forgot to pull it out, I don't know.
I weeded our veggie garden (which Larry and the kids seeded today); scooped up a winters worth (of two 100 pound dogs) of poop (I think the garbage man was happy that his job is an automated one this week); planted my herb garden and some other bits in pots; walked around the track with the dog and kids (they have 3 dirt mounds at the high school; so Brady is thoroughly entertained); went to Everett with Kate and all our children to the Everett Children's museum and sat on the roof and soaked up some sun, had a late lunch at Carls Jr. (yes they have one in Marysville!); and then I had to work all day today. In a position I'm not really proficient at (I am not without skill, though). With a boss that said 1 word to me today (that wasn't strictly work related): bye.

But never fear! My family came running to greet me at the door with lots of hugs and kisses, and lots more hugs and kisses throughout the evening. Brady and I didn't argue once today! Sometimes it pays off being gone 10 hours of the day!

1 comments:

t said...

I would have greeted you with hugs and kisses too!! Your pictures always turn out SO much better!!!