Friday, April 10, 2009

Oh Kate... look what you made me do!




So Kate and I made a woeful attempt to make Bakerella's Easter egg cake-pops. They were oval lumps of sweetness, they will be kept for private consumption. While we were making the pops, Kate asks "did you see the Easter baskets today?" I ran to the computer. Then I ran to the store the second she left my house (they didn't have any mini chocolate bunnies, bummer). I even used Kate's suggestion to edge my cupcakes in coconut for that Easter grass effect.
And Pikachu? Kate didn't have anything to do with that one... I fell into that mess all on my own. But Brady at least validated my efforts by recognizing who I was trying to create. It's a marshmallow Peep that I pinched and painted.
Two Questions for today:
What do you do when your son finds your stash of Easter basket goodies? Now what am I supposed to do Easter morning when all the crap in his basket is all too familiar?
And I'm having an "argument" about symantics with someone over sentence structure. She wants me to exchange the word "ensure" for "assure". I say they are synonyms and there is no point in changing the word except to please her. Opinions?



5 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh, I saw those lovely little baskets on her website this morning! I thought about making them, but instead I made her yummy, easy, oreo truffles. To die for! Yours are very cute though!

Jen said...

cute cupcakes! I would need to know your sentence to validate your arguement :)

Kate said...

SO cute! Those turned out great. Man! Now I want to make 'em.

I agree with Jen - I need to know the sentence.

As far as the Easter basket stuff, was he looking for it or did he find it by accident? If on purpose, then I say too bad - that's what ya get. If on accident then maybe return a couple things and get a couple different? Depends too on if he still believes the Easter bunny is responsible.

Heather said...

I don't want to tell you the sentence because I might be wrong... and I won't allow that on MY blog!

Erin said...

You're wrong. I can ASSURE you, you are wrong. My intellect will ENSURE that I am correct. Love ya!