Monday, May 4, 2009

I married a 10 year old.


Larry came home from his ride and had this story:

"I was heading out for my ride around Lake Samish and just as I get going I see a black bumper pull up next to me, followed by a white panel. I take one of my headphones out wondering why I'm being pulled over by BPD. "You headin' down Barkley?" he asks. "You bet" I reply. "Just take it easy" he says. "But my brakes don't work" was my response. He smiled, and said "You know someone died down there, right?" I say "Absolutely, I'll take it easy on the hill, but once I hit the flats I make no promises!" The officer smiles again, "If you can do 40 on the flats, go for it. I'd rather ticket a car than a bike any day."


Larry proceeded to tell me that once he got to the bottom of Barkley (11-12% grade hill) he started "chasing" the BPD car. He almost passed him at 40 mph, but the cop wasn't going to let that happen, but he could see him slapping his steering wheel in delight. BTW, Larry has maxed out at 54 mph on that hill (I paced him).


His story reminds me of the little boys you see on a street that decided to try to chase your car on their bikes; desperate to keep up. I always hold back on the gas pedal a little bit to keep the chase alive. :)

3 comments:

rebecca said...

So gald to hear there is always a little boy in our men.

Brooke said...

haha, how funny

Anonymous said...

HA! HA! HA! Young at heart. :)