Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's All About the Chrome

...According to the cool Harley-Davidson t-shirt I won tonight at the Betties Bout.

After a sunny afternoon lakeside with some friends, I headed to the bout with my sfam (can you guess what that means?) Tracy and others and watched a great bout despite the betties getting their vampy asses handed to them. The Jet City Rollergirls were just plain meaner and faster. We're just not that way in Bham. But Everett? Those girls...those girls are, well, they're Snohomish county girls, they have a certain reputation. I mean one of their secondary teams is called the Camaro Harem. It fits Everett perfectly.

I know, Erin, I know! But how can I not comment on how stinking cute he is??!!

A little family of ducks that our children scared out of hiding.



Blurry, but brutal. There is a lot of "rumping" in derby.
I decided these two girls played "lets reach into our closet and wear whatever we pull out." That is the only reason I could rationalize their wardrobe choices: Girl #1 wore a tweed vest over bikini top with olive green skirt (with "girl boxer" underwear underneath) finished off with striped woolen socks and sandals. Girl #2 had a purple striped spandex tank with corseted lace rose skirt with tie-dye tights and green plastic peek-a-boo high heels.
Then we couldn't help but notice the awkward flirting that was happening between these two... which then made Tracy and I act like 13 year old girls. Lots of elbowing, pointing, and giggling.
Josh and I had similar reactions to this hairstyle, along the lines of What the Hell? His buddy had an interesting mustache for a fella in his 20's, but the hair? Ponderous man, really ponderous.

4 comments:

Jen said...

do you win everything?

Kate said...

If the Betties aren't entertaining, looks like the spectators take care of it. :)

t said...

Oh caught! LOL.
SFAM? I got nothing..

Heather said...

Erin:Just call me the Bham Paparazzi.
And Tracy: Sista from another mista. muwah.
And Jen: I only got to see the Bettie's because Tracy won season tickets at the first bout, so my t-shirt win was secondary to her big win. Tracy's good luck mojo musta rubbed off on me :)