Saturday, May 23, 2009

Week of celebrations

Mt. Baker at 9:15pm from Kate's driveway.


Mmmmm...S'mores.

On the run.


My daughter is so lazy. How lazy is she? She is so lazy, she has people slip and slide for her! Ba-dump-bump!

Natalie after her graduation ceremony at Elizabeth park.

Up close and personal with Katie. Just how she likes it.
Friday we walked down to pick up Brady from school and were delayed due to a marching band crossing. While we were watching the band, someone tried to pull into their house. We were joking that she thought that she'd won the publishers clearing house sweepstakes! How often do you get a marching band in your front yard?


Besides my friend Kate and her hubby celebrating 8 years of wedded bliss on Tuesday, Natalie also "graduated" on Thursday and now she is an official preschooler. Thursday evening was also graduation from swim lessons, and both kids get to move on to the next level!

Thursday was also an odd day for coincidences: a gal who is doing some contract work for us at our office and I went down south to attend a Medicare billing seminar (woo-hoo!) and we got to talking about this and that and it turns out she and I basically share backyards! I can see her house from my back deck (we both live at the end of our cul-de-sacs)! Weird! Then, as we pulled up to the medical center (which is quite large) I said "I think my Aunt Jane works in this building" not knowing if that was true or not, let alone what doctor or floor. Well, the directions to the seminar were wrong, and we ended up on the 3rd floor where we decided to find someone to ask. Who do we find to ask? My Aunt, of course! It's like we walked right to her! That was a nice little treat.

Then today we went downtown to watch the Grand Ski to Sea parade. We met up with Erin and her boys, and found Brooke and EB in the crowd and they joined us as well which was a nice surprise (EB is at that age where they are everywhere and nowhere all at once making mommy work double time!) I loved all 2 hours of it, minus the CHAIN SMOKERS (who happen to be parents of a classmate of Brady's. God I love public school). Besides it being disgusting to be trapped in a crowd with 2 chain smokers, we also were with Ashenafi who we all know has TB (don't ask me to spell it). Tuberculosis?

Once again, I forgot to bring sunscreen with me to the parade (sunscreen doesn't come on to my radar until June). So now I have a pink patch on my chest and a nice stark contrast of pink/white on my arms.

THEN we headed straight to the Rankin ranch to celebrate their new home with some of their friends and family. The kids had a wonderful time, except the boys seemed to be always short one gun or one light saber. The food was delish and it was nice to visit with Kates' dad (I may adopt him) et al.

The kids were still awake when we got home, so we all jumped in the bathtub to scrub our feet of earth and wash the marshmallow (and more earth) from their faces. All are clean and cozy in bed.

Don't put the cart before the horse? A one-horsepower engine? Actually both are wrong since it's a mule.
Seriously??!! Check out her toenails!

The full profile. Very cute. Don't ask me what they were in the parade for.

Hey, did anyone drop a baby in the road? Anyone?



Guess what genius photographer didn't realize the shutter was half open?
I think the half-open shutter gives my photos an artistic edge. Yeah, that's it; artistic.
Hey, here's that marching band that has the habit of wandering our neighborhood!

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I love your posts - you have a talent for it. Thanks for entertaining me.

Kate said...

So much fun. Glad you came and joined in the festivities.

Great picture of B on the run!