Sunday, May 31, 2009

Run, Fat Girl, Run!

I know it's not that big of a feat, but tonight I went out for a 2 mile walk tonight (with 300 feet of climbing) and I RAN HALF OF IT!!! I'm pretty proud of myself, even if it was a fat girl's kind of running (shuffling of feet). I haven't ran a mile since high school. Now I've ridden my bicycle 100 miles since then, but haven't pounded pavement since I had to do so to graduate from SWHS.
I have to admit, it was easy to run home as I watched the sky turn fuchsia over the purple mountains (majesty). Ah Bellingham, how I love thee.

How to run like a girl: cell phone, pedometer, ipod (complete with BEP's, Brian Wilson, and Adele), and a stick to poke any bad guys. I really did run with that stick in my hand the whole time, with a plan of attack in the back of my mind... if I ever turn up in a ditch, look for the DNA evidence I gathered ;) On our way home from dinner with our folks (all of 'em) I saw this cloud that looks like a feather. I also had 3 glasses of wine courtesy of my father-in-law, so I may be wrong on this.


***I'm starting to believe that each of my posts must have the obligatory blurry photo. I think I've dropped my camera one to many times.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Yay for running!! That's awesome!

And we saw that cloud too!

rebecca said...

Cool cloud. I will have to try the stick thing, when I go running/walking I also have my cell phone and ipod, I never thought of a stick. Thanks for the good tip.

Erin said...

You callin' me fat? I thought you were supposed to shuffle while running (and travel marginally slower than you would on a brisk walk).